Madina-e-Sani has been used for Pakistan by some great visionaries of Pakistan due to the similarities between Pakistan and the state of Madina Munawara.
- · Pak Means ‘Tayyab’ in Arabic, istan means city, ‘Madina’ so the literal meaning of Pakistan is same as ‘Madina Tayyaba’
- · A great number of Muslims migrated to Pakistan at the time of partition of India just like the hijrat from Makkah to Madina of Muslims.
- · Prophet Muhammad [PBUH] loved this region that is why Iqbal said:
میرِعرب کوآئی ٹھنڈی ہواجہاں سے
میرا وطن وہی ہے، میرا وطن وہی ہے
- · Orya Maqbool Jan has also used the word ‘Madina’ for Pakistan in a number of his articles:
- · A great Sufi Baba Yahya says that no wrong can come to this Pakistan because it was created directly by Prophet Muhammad [PBUH] and Imam Ali [KW]
خیرہ نہ کر سکا مجھے جلوۂ دانش فرنگ
سرمہ ہے میری آنکھ کا خاک مدینہ و نجف