بسم اللہ الرحمن الرحیم
اَللّٰھُمَّ صَلِّ عَلٰی مُحَمَّدٍ وَّعَلٰٓی اٰلِ مُحَمَّدٍ
By Syeda Qudsia Mashhadi
The excruciatingly painful and distressing reality of black magic stares you in the face: what will you do? What are your chances as a Muslim or even as a human being to protect yourself from this heinous black craft practiced by the dwellers of Hell?
The bad news is that black magic is very much alive and kicking in our rapidly, morally degenerating society. But the good news is that you can be saved! Just like Allah [swt] has created all diseases and evil in the world, He is also the Creator of all the cures of all diseases. And this is undoubtedly the biggest diseases of all on Earth. The people who practice black magic and the people who go to such magicians, both are doing shirk according to Quran and Hadith and will be severely punished in both the worlds:
“And when there came to them a Messenger from Allah confirming what was with them, a party of those who were given the scripture threw away the book of Allah behind their backs as if they did not know. And they followed what the devils gave out falsely of magic of the reign of Solomon; for Solomon did not disbelieve but the devils disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels Harut and Marut, but neither of these two (angles) taught anyone (such things) until they had said: we are only for trial, so don’t disbelieve. And from them (magicians) people learn that through which they would cause separation between a person and his spouse, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah’s leave; and they learn that which harms them rather than profits them. And indeed they knew that its practitioner would have no share in the Hereafter. And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their own selves if they but knew“. (QURAN 2:101-2)
This is a very extensive topic and a lot can be written about what black magic is and is not. But I will chiefly focus on preventive measures and cure from it. We all know from Quran and Sunnah that it is a fact.
What is Black Magic? It is first and foremost about the control over your mind! First the black magician attacks your mind and then body. The magician takes you to the mental state of depression, anxiety, anger and pain and then a stage comes when nothing seems good in the world. Such a person loses hope in Allah [swt] and becomes an easy prey for the Satan so it is easy to inflict any bodily pain on a person. People go to the practitioners of this black art and pay them to hurt or destroy or even murder other human beings. For this evil purpose, the services of evil Jinn are used. Prophet Mohammad [sm] said that the Satan runs in the blood of humans. It is this ability of the Jinn that the magician uses to inflict pain on another person.
How do we know that we are under the influence of black magic? Symptoms can vary from person to person depending upon the intensity of magic and the reason [job, marriage, health, etc] for which the magic was done. Some general symptoms are:
- Difficulty in reading Quran and offering Salat [for those who are in a habit of doing it. Those whose lives lack these blessings are already in some sort of hell.]
- Feeling tired without working
- Feeling irritated and angry without any reason or on trivial matters
- Pain in any part of body without any apparent reason or cause
- ‘Heaviness’ on head, neck and shoulders
- Feeling pressure on heart / increase in pulse rate / increase in blood pressure
- Medical Reports always come clear even when you are in acute pain
- Difficulty at work and problems in family matters
- Erratic behavior of pet animals. For instance, birds will start screeching when they see a person who is under the influence of black magic because they can see the things that human beings cannot.
- Feeling a presence with you in your house or sometimes even seeing unknown beings or listening to strange sounds.
- Being attacked by ‘beings’ in the form of an animal or Jinn in your dreams and waking up feeling physically drained, hurt or ill.
These are some general indications of black magic. Some acute forms of magic have even resulted in cuts and bruises on body that appeared from out of nowhere to the complete possession of a person by a Jinn where he / she is unaware of his / her activities and surroundings and does things that he / she normally would not. But no matter how over-powering this black magic may look or sound, we should always remember that there is nothing more powerful in this world than our Creator, Allah and His words [Quran] can heal ANYTHING.
Preventive measures [for those who do not want to be affected by black magic]
How to avoid the influence of evil Jinn and magic if someone wants to avoid being afflicted by the black magic?
- Daily recitation of the Quran
- Offering of Salat
- Doing zikr of Allah [swt] at fixed time daily
- Reciting excessive Darood Shareef for Prophet Mohammad [sm]
- Keeping clothes, body and surroundings clean
- Recitation of Surah Falaq and Surah Nas before going to sleep as prescribed in the hadith below.
Cure [for those who are already affected by black magic]
How can a person be cured of black magic? Besides following the above 6 points, also strictly follow these practices:
- Recitation of Manzil [a collection of Quranic verses given at the end of this post] every day after Fajr or Asr salat. The use of these Quranic verses for the cure of magic is proven from the Sunnah of Prophet [sm].
- Surah Al-Baqara to be recited continuously for at least 11 days in the house, between any time from Fajr to Asr salat. It is the longest Surah in Quran and if it is difficult to recite it in one sitting, then its audio should be played regularly in the house. To be on the safe side, continue with this practice even after 11 days. Those who have suffered black magic know that people who do it, will never stop and keep on attacking with magic again and again.
- Give sadqa regularly, in form of money, as well as ‘zabiha‘ of animals [goat or hen]
- Drinking of Zam Zam water or water at which Surah Fatiha or Manzil has been recited and blown.
- Recitation of Surah Ikhlas, Surah Falaq, Surah Nas 3 times each before going to sleep. Blow it on your hands and rub your hands over your body from your head to toes. Hazrat A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) narrates:”Whenever the Messenger of Allah [sm] would become ill, he would recite the Mu’awwizat (Surah al-Falaq and Surah an-Nas) and blow over himself. When his illness was aggravated, I used to recite these two Surahs and blow my breath over him and make him rub his body with his own hand, for its blessings.” (Sahih al-Bukhari No. 4728)
- There should be NO pictures of living things, dolls, statues, mascots, stuffed toys or any thing resembling these in the house as the Jinn like to dwell inside such things. Clear your house immediately if you have these. Also avoid haraam music.
- Create ‘hisaar‘ protective shield around your house and yourself.
Method of creating a protective shield: At the time of Fajr and Maghrib Salat, recite Darood Shareef 3 times, Surah Fatiha, Ayat-al-Kursi, Surah Kafiroon, Surah Ikhlas, Surah Falaq, Surah Nas and then again Darood Shareef 3 times. Then blow it on the right hand’s index finger. Then envision your whole house and your family members and with this index finger, draw a circle around them horizontally 7 times. This should be done daily.
- Using good non-alcoholic smells in the house as the evil Jinns abhor all things good and clean. Use rose water and also mix some of it in the water with which you take bath.
- All bones of the meat [chicken, mutton, beaf] that you eat should be put in a separate place while saying ‘Bismillah’ so that evil Jinn cannot eat it. These bones are the food of Jinn and should not be left lying all over the place. It is better if they are not put into your trash-bins but put into a bag and thrown at some place away from the house.
- Recitation of the masnoon dua [prayers by the Prophet (sm)] of dawn and dusk after Fajr and Maghrib Salat.
- Lastly, but most importantly, the stronger the belief in Allah, the quicker the person will be cured. Recite Quran and prayers of the Prophet [sm] with the strong BELIEF that you will be cured and you will be.
I hope this article helps the distressed souls who are suffering at the hands of the people who go to black magicians. Know one thing that if you suffered because of black magic, it was also Allah’s will. No blessing or suffering comes to us without Allah’s will. Trust in Him, pray and believe and you will be cured, inshaAllah. And in the end, I must say that I cannot stress enough the importance of Surah Al-baqarah and the 30 verses of Manzil.
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Note: This article is written solely for the purpose of helping those who are affected by the black magic. All recommended precautions and cure are in the light of Quran and Sunnah. In some of you, the symptoms described above can also be due to medical reasons, so better meet a proper Islamic Raqi to know whether you are under the effects of magic or not.
Copyright © Syeda Qudsia Mashhadi